[fpc-pascal] MD5 Hash of StringList

James Richters james at productionautomation.net
Thu Jul 4 17:33:02 CEST 2019

I'm trying to figure out how to make an MD5 Hash from an entire StringList.
 I am referencing the documentation here:
https://wiki.freepascal.org/hash

and I see how to make an MD5 Hash from a File, or from a single string, but I do not see how to make an MD5 Hash from something like a String List.  It mentions: 'There are routines to calculate hashes from some buffer, or a hash from an entire file.'     So how does one make an MD5 Hash from 'some buffer' ?

Is there a simple way I can create an MD5 Hash from my entire stringlist, or do I have to add the strings into some sort of buffer myself and then get the hash from that?

Any advice is greatly appreciated

James