[fpc-pascal] Constants in generics

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 7 23:24:20 CET 2019

Am 07.01.2019 um 02:05 schrieb Ryan Joseph:
> I updated the github with the requested changes. Is that everything? I’ll submit a patch if so.
>
> https://github.com/genericptr/freepascal/tree/generic_constants
Looks better.

The following points remain:
- make sure that you don't have any unrelated changes (just look at all
the completely unrelated changes in this commit
https://github.com/genericptr/freepascal/commit/bd76667453914106a51d31672d841b1344066e6a
)
- make sure that the code you added follows the compiler's formatting
(there are quite some locations where you have spaces between
identifiers and operators)
And most importantly:
- add tests: both for successful compilations as well as ones that
should fail (though everything that produces an error needs to be its
own test); I suggest tests/test/tgenconst*.pp as a name (for more infos
you can look at http://wiki.freepascal.org/Testing_FPC )

You should also make sure that your changes don't break anything, so you
should run the testsuite once without your changes, save
tests/output/<cpu>-<os>/{faillog,log,longlog} and then run the testsuite
again with your changes and compare especially faillog (see
http://wiki.freepascal.org/Testing_FPC#Recommended_Workflow ).

Regards,
Sven