[fpc-pascal] Constants in generics

Ryan Joseph ryan at thealchemistguild.com
Fri Jan 4 19:47:17 CET 2019

> On Jan 3, 2019, at 11:11 PM, Sven Barth via fpc-pascal <fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:
>
> Fair enough. In that case support for constants in generics will have to wait as well. 🤷‍

Who designed the generics btw? I’m not 100% certain that it’s even safe to change their design like this so it would be nice to hear from them. Inline specializations rely on tprocdef and if I change everything to work on symbols we could break generic procedure overloads.

One thing I can do to remove my dummy tgenericparamdef class is to keep a separate list of const syms in tspecializationcontext.

Regards,
	Ryan Joseph