[fpc-pascal] Fixes 3.2: make all fails

Marco van de Voort fpc at pascalprogramming.org
Tue Jan 1 12:27:40 CET 2019

Op 2018-12-31 om 19:22 schreef Bart:
> OpenSuse Tumbleweed 64-bit (in a VirtualBox VM under Win10)
>
> I can compile the classic Hello World with fpc 3.0.4.
>
> Did: svn co https://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/branches/fixes_3_2/

> Start compiling package utils-h2pas for target x86_64-linux.
> Executing command "/usr/bin/pyacc h2pas/h2pas.y h2pas/h2pas.pas"
> The installer encountered the following error:
> External command "/usr/bin/pyacc h2pas/h2pas.y h2pas/h2pas.pas" failed
> with exit code 256. Console output:
> TP Yacc Version 4.1a [April 2000], Copyright (c) 1990-2000 Albert Graef
>
> FATAL: cannot open file /usr/lib/fpc/lexyacc/yyparse.cod
>

> What did I do wrong?

If h2pas isn't modified (recently (check svn log), it is probably that
the timestamps somehow got messed up, and h2pas.pas is now older
h2pas.y. This sometimes happened to me, specially when using atypical
filesystems. (like e.g. building on a fat partition from linux).

Solution/workaround:

touch h2pas.pas