[fpc-pascal] Interface delegates and the implements property specifier

Ryan Joseph genericptr at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 04:44:36 CET 2019

> On Dec 21, 2019, at 10:49 AM, Adriaan van Os <fpc at microbizz.nl> wrote:
>
> I had hoped that procedure IMyInterface2.P2 would now be visible as a method of TMyClass. This would be quite helpful in implementing multiple-inheritance. But no, the implements specifier completely hides it. I assume this has been discussed before.

That's exactly what I was ranting about some months back with the idea of "default properties". I would expect that syntax to pull the methods names into the current namespace and this would be very helpful.

It's by design as Sven pointed out but this makes no sense whatsoever to me. If the compiler team agrees I will personally make a mode switch or whatever is permitted to accomplish this. :)

Regards,
	Ryan Joseph