[fpc-pascal] Announcement GLPT

R0b0t1 r030t1 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 11:51:47 CEST 2018

On Sun, Sep 23, 2018 at 5:47 PM, Darius Blaszyk <dhkblaszyk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I committed GLPT or the OpenGL Pascal Toolkit just now on GitHub. This
> toolkit is a (free) pascal replacement for GLUT and other similar toolkits
> that depend on third party dynamic libraries. I have been using this library
> in a couple of projects and decided to publish under the MIT license. This
> toolkit allows detailed control over the event loop, a big annoyance when
> working with GLUT.

Noice. It reminds me quite a bit of SDL2, which is a very well designed library.

Are multiplexing synchronization primitives available? E.g. select(2)
but for keyboard/mouse/window events.

On Tue, Sep 25, 2018 at 11:43 AM, Dennis <dec12 at avidsoft.com.hk> wrote:
> How can I use opengl within my lazarus UI program?
>
> I want to embed such an opengl window inside a TPanel, and in its Paint
> method, do the opengl rendering. Is that possible?  How?

This seems to be the obvious usecase. Can some clarification be
provided? E.g. SDL2 needs to manage the OpenGL contexts, does this
library manage them as well?

Cheers,
    R0b0t1