[fpc-pascal] How to codesign my FPC program

Dennis dec12 at avidsoft.com.hk
Tue Oct 30 11:06:40 CET 2018

When my users run my FPC compiled 64 bit program, sometimes, they are
warned that my exe was not published or known.
I am thinking, if I purchase a code signing certificate and sign my exe,
will windows remove that warning?

I googled and found the cheapest one is form Comodo at USD 75/year.

https://codesigncert.com/cheapcodesigning

I am totally new to this.  Can that USD75 certificate achieve my goal?
After I get the certificate, do you need to use any special software to
sign my exe?

Seems like Visual Studio can do it but I am using Lazarus.

Any feedback is welcome.

Dennis