[fpc-pascal] Where can I download the fpc 3.0.0 seed compiler for Linux on i386 x64?

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 23 19:38:05 CEST 2018

Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at gmail.com> schrieb am Di., 23. Okt. 2018, 18:13:

> On Tue, 23 Oct 2018 17:08:40 +0200, Sven Barth via fpc-pascal
> <fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:
>
> >Why don't you simply use the distribution independent release of 3.0.4?
>
> But I was under the impression that I cannot build 3.0.4 from sources
> except by using the 3.0.0 seed compiler...
> Has this requirement changed?

The idea was to use the binary release instead of building from source.
Building a release from source is only really useful and needed if you have
custom changes to the sources (this includes using non default options) or
there is no binary release provided for your intended platform.

Regards,
Sven