[fpc-pascal] Where can I download the fpc 3.0.0 seed compiler for Linux on i386 x64?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 17:01:39 CEST 2018

I want to build FPC/Lazarus (3.0.4/1.8.4) from sources on a new Linux
(Ubuntu 18.04 TLS MATE) using an i386 family CPU.
AFAIK I need to have the fpc seed compiler in order to do this.

But this is a hen and egg problem, how can I download the compiler
needed to build 3.0.4 on this Linux machine?

I have had the same problem for RaspberryPi computers in the past but
then I managed to get hold of a seed compiler and now there is no
problems installing fpc/lazarus on RPi boxes.
Different story with Linux on a PC (with Intel CPU)...

Grateful for any links to a working seed compiler.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden