[fpc-pascal] any free pascal standard function to compare a, string against an array of string?

Ingemar Ragnemalm ingemar at ragnemalm.se
Wed Oct 10 17:57:09 CEST 2018

You mean something faster than a for-loop? Like a hash table?

I don't know of any hash table in the standard library but there are
some in the class library:

https://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/fcl/contnrs/tfpstringhashtable.html
https://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/fcl/contnrs/tfphashlist.html

I have not used these myself but they may suit your problem.

Or you can just write your own hash table function. It is not that hard.

/Ingemar