[fpc-pascal] MacOSX Mojave

Jonas Maebe jonas at freepascal.org
Tue Oct 9 21:24:32 CEST 2018

On 09/10/18 21:06, Michael Ring wrote:
> Until now you could compile trunk without such specific opts, so making
> OPT= something mandatory for future builds of trunk to work at all does
> not sound like a good plan to me.

I committed a fix that could be merged to 3.0.4 without having to change
the compiler, in order to minimise the chances of introducing any bugs
in an existing release. Maybe I'll hardcode new paths in the compiler as
well, but hardcoding new paths in the compiler every couple of new macOS
releases is not a good plan either.

> and no, at least in my installation there are no crt1* files in
> /usr/lib, if there were any we would not have this discussion here ;-)

There indeed are none, that is why for x86-64 there is a
-XR/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk option in
fpc.cfg. That does not work for i386, because the libraries in that SDK
don't contain i386 versions. Only the versions installed as part of the
operating systems do (but the crt1.o file for i386 is only there, hence
the -Fl statement for that architecture).

Jonas