[fpc-pascal] Order of Precedence: FPC/Delphi vs Java

Florian Klämpfl florian at freepascal.org
Wed Oct 3 11:16:50 CEST 2018

> I have this simple little test. My expected answer for all the calculations are 0 (zero), but both FPC and Delphi give
> different results. Java is the only one that seems consistent regarding the results.

Compile/run on the same architecture, use the same data types (and not extended for Object Pascal and double for Java).

With 3.0.4 x86_64-win64 I get (on i386-win32 you get this if you use the same data types and compile with -Cfsse2):

 5.1009900000000001E+004
 5.1009900000000001E+004
 5.1009900000000001E+004
---