[fpc-pascal] Multi-scope helpers draft

Ryan Joseph ryan at thealchemistguild.com
Mon Nov 26 03:11:41 CET 2018

> On Nov 25, 2018, at 11:03 PM, Sven Barth via fpc-pascal <fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:
>
> It's a good thing that you saw the errors in your first design and rectified those in the third commit. ;) That commit however contains unnecessary noise (new line changes? space changes?), so when reworking the commits for a patch please try to get rid of these.

Yeah I don’t know what Git thinks changed so I just ignored it. Maybe my text editor (Sublime Text) changed the indention from tabs to spaces or something.

It thinks these 2 lines are different for some reason (copied from git):

-        if not (ocf_check_non_overloadable in ocf) and not isunaryoperatoroverloadable(t.nodetype,inlinenumber,ld) then
+        if not (ocf_check_non_overloadable in ocf) and not isunaryoperatoroverloadable(t.nodetype,inlinenumber,ld) then

> One thing that bothers me is the "lastonly" parameter. Why did you add that? In the two locations you added them you'd now have a problem if multiple helpers are in scope, but the last one does not contain the requested symbol. In my opinion that parameter is not needed at all.

I was trying to reduce the exposure of my changes to the rest of the code base but I’ll remove it if you think it’s safe.

Regards,
	Ryan Joseph