[fpc-pascal] Cross compiling: Win 32 to 64

Marcos Douglas B. Santos md at delfire.net
Sun May 6 20:11:23 CEST 2018

I have a script for a long time that I use to compile FPC from sources.
Today I'm configuring a new machine and I would like to use this
script to configure FPC and Lazarus — I have another script for
Lazarus as well.

I've compiled FPC with no errors using this script. I use
`crossinstall` too. Again, no errors.

You can see it here (today I changed it a little just to simplify) -->
https://github.com/mdbs99/fp-scripts/blob/master/fpc-make.bat

So, my issue is that:
When I open Lazarus and setup from Win32 to Win64, the IDE says me:
"The current FPC has no config file. It will probably miss some units.
Check your installation of fpc."

After the installation, I can see these directories:
1. <fpc>/bin/i386-win32
2. <fpc>/units/i386-win32
3. <fpc>/units/x86_64-win64

Should I have the same `<fpc>/bin/x86_64-win64` directory after the compilation?
What am I missing here?

Best,
Marcos Douglas

PS. I know that there are others ways to install, like fpcup|deluxe,
but I would like to use my script because could be just a simple
change that I forgot...