[fpc-pascal] pas2js Webgl unit committed

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Thu May 3 15:32:39 CEST 2018

On Thu, 3 May 2018, Joost van der Sluis wrote:

> Op 02-05-18 om 11:28 schreef Ryan Joseph:
>> So I need to build the entire compiler and I get pas2js in the end? I
> didn’t realize it was built on the entire FPC compiler but I guess that makes
> sense.
>
> Actually this makes no sense at all. Pas2js is a separate product that
> we should be able to distribute separately from the compiler.

We do so, Mattias always posts an announcement with a link to the
latest version.

> I'm working on a solution. I have it even finished, but only for
> fpc-trunk. I thought it would be better to let it gain momentum before
> porting it to fpc 3.0.4, but now you convinced me that adding it to
> 3.0.4 also could help gaining momentum.

You can perfectly build it with 3.0.4, just as you can build fpReport with 3.0.4 and
quite some other things.

The problem is just 1 call: a missing addLibrary in 3.0.4, which prevents
fpmake.pp from compiling.

Copying fpmkunit from trunk would also have done the job.

That said, making it even more easy to compile/install it is a welcome improvement.

Michael.