[fpc-pascal] Proposal for new Free Pascal logo

Mr Bee pak.lebah at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 30 05:52:49 CEST 2018

Hi,
These days, most modern programming languages have its own logo. The logo becomes a "brand", a unique visual identity for the language. It also acts as a "trademark", a recognizable image for the language. It also helps the community to have a single visual identity to distinguish them from other programming communities. I've seen it with many other communities, such as Swift, Python, Kotlin, etc.
Unfortunately, I don't see Pascal language –especially Free Pascal– to have a such logo. Yes, I know the FPC's official site got a running cheetah (a .gif file) named as logo. But, I don't think an animated picture is appropriate to be used as a logo. A logo should be simple, unique, recognizable and "iconizable" image.
So, I propose a new logo for Free Pascal. It's a simple cheetah's head. The proposed logo in various sizes (for icon) can be looked at here: https://pak.lebah.web.id/fpc/ I also attach the logo as a .png file, in case someone can't open my website.
If this proposal is accepted, perhaps it's time to rework the official FPC's website, using the new logo. It's time to make Pascal looks more modern, because it looks pretty old today. I also think the Lazarus' logo can be made better, but that's another discussion for another time.
What do you think?
Thank you.
Regards,
–Mr Bee