[fpc-pascal] RTL Thread.ExecuteInThread interface and implementation wrong

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Tue Mar 20 22:58:44 CET 2018

On Tue, 20 Mar 2018, Anthony Walter wrote:

> A follow up ... I think the best way to handle everything I mentioned is to
> just create an instance of this thread type, rather than using a class
> method on TThread.

Exactly.

The class methods are intended to be used as quick fire-and-forget methods.

There are some parametrizations possible by choosing the right overload,
but you obviously do not get the full options you would have when you
actually use a class.

I think that if you need more flexibility than these methods provide, you
should simply write a TThread class.

Michael.