[fpc-pascal] Daemon using TTimer on Windows

Marcos Douglas B. Santos md at delfire.net
Sat Jun 30 22:57:47 CEST 2018

Hi,

I need to build a daemon app on Windows. It will need a timer to
performe some tasks. This timer could be big among 15 min, 30 min, 2
hours, etc.

I thought that I can use TTimer but I've always heard that it's not
possible because some problems related with "NoGUI" stuff.

I've found a thread[1] which talks about that but they haven't
provided a real solution, at least for Windows.

My question is: Nowadays, can I use TTimer with no restrictions in a
daemon application on Windows? If not, which could be a possible
solution?

Thanks.

[1] http://lists.freepascal.org/pipermail/fpc-pascal/2013-March/036823.html

Best regards,