[fpc-pascal] Default record fields

Ryan Joseph ryan at thealchemistguild.com
Fri Jun 22 16:33:42 CEST 2018

> On Jun 22, 2018, at 8:32 PM, Joost van der Sluis <joost at cnoc.nl> wrote:
>
> I read Ryan's mail as an attempt to get involved in some compiler-development. And he's wondering what a nice task could be.

Yes that’s right. I honestly thought default record fields was a requested feature and it’s one I wanted also.

Remember this is all relative to the users. Sven's dynamic array extensions are great but honestly I’d rather have better record init since I do that more often. That doesn’t mean I don’t want dynamic arrays in the language at all.

The biggest item on my wish list is anonymous functions but that’s way over my head. I’d like class helpers to exist in multiple scopes at once but I’m pretty sure I couldn’t do that either, or I’d give up before it was finished.

Regards,
	Ryan Joseph