[fpc-pascal] Proper preprocessor?

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Wed Jun 20 12:14:59 CEST 2018

On Wed, 20 Jun 2018, Ryan Joseph wrote:

>> On Jun 20, 2018, at 3:50 PM, Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:
>>
>> Because it is simply a bad idea ?
>
> Yeah that’s what the programming gurus in ivory towers and professors keep
> saying but what about the person actually trying to finish some work?  It
> really sucks trying to fight the compiler sometimes because of engrained
> dogma.

There are plenty of languages out there without preprocessor support.
People manage to program without it just fine. No dogma is involved.

If you need a preprocessor, maybe you simply need to rethink your design.

If you could explain your actual problem, maybe we can help solving it
without resorting to preprocessing.

Michael.