[fpc-pascal] Pascal units to connect to an Exchange server

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 13:09:21 CEST 2018

On Fri, 20 Jul 2018 07:43:43 -0300, luciano de souza
<luchyanus at gmail.com> wrote:

>> On Thu, 19 Jul 2018 15:29:12 -0300, luciano de souza
>> <luchyanus at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Hello all,
>> >From a Linux machine connected to a Windows machine by VPN, I’d like
>>>to send e-mails programmatically using a Microsoft Exchange account.
>>>Using Windows resources, I could call Outlook automation API to do
>>>this task. But is the same possible with Linux resources?
>>>Is there a Freepascal unit to handle with Exchange sending protocol?
>>>Best Regards,
>>
>> Why not just use somethng like Indy10 to implement an smtp sending
>> function?
>> It is quite simple and straightforward.
>> What exactly are you wanting to accomplish by mixing in Exchange and
>> Outlook?????

-- moved top post to bottom ---
>Perhaps, this is the answer. In Outlook settings, I am not able to find SMTP.

In Outlook this is the "outgoing mail" settings....
If you find the server, logon account and protocol (SSL etc) in
Outlook settings then you can use those with the Indy10 TIdSmtp
component.

>I got the url server and some proxy settings. NTLM was one of parameters set.
>If I don't have an SMTP endpoint, could I create a crawler to automate
>the http connection available in Outlook Web App? In other words,
>since I am able to use a web page to send e-mails, it's always true
>that I can automate it, can't I?
>In this case, I should study the requests and responses and, by means
>of TFPHTTPVClient, to build something.

In fact you don't really need the same server as you use to get emails
for sending emails out, you can use any SMTP server you have access
to. After all an email is just dropped into a mailbox with a target
address and the system delivers it to that target.

I don't really know how you can get under the skin of the Exchenge
Webmail app, though...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden