[fpc-pascal] Syntax changes suggestions

Ryan Joseph ryan at thealchemistguild.com
Tue Jul 17 22:32:55 CEST 2018

> On Jul 17, 2018, at 2:15 PM, Sven Barth via fpc-pascal <fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:
>
> Those specific features you mention were added because of Delphi compatibility not because someone thought they are good. Florian even likened records with methods to a can of worms before they were implemented.

Maybe FPC needs a fork or something that keeps the original specification, or going the other way an experimental branch? Florian amongst others must be really annoyed with how this is all going and I sympathize with them.

FPC appears to have group of users who are purists (or something like that), Delphi users, and utilitarians (if that’s accurate a description) that want the language to evolve to meet current trends/demands of the industry, e.g. if there’s a good idea floating around out there I want to use it also.

Going forward how is this going to be resolved?

Regards,
	Ryan Joseph