[fpc-pascal] Syntax changes suggestions

Jim Lee jlee54 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 19:27:58 CEST 2018

On 07/17/18 07:49, Marco van de Voort wrote:

> Worse, IMHO creeping unnecessary dialect change is worse than remaining
> different. The spread of codebases over the various subdialects is worse than any
> benefits these half assed extensions can ever have. It is spreading language
> development thin instead of deep

Agreed.

This can be likened to the spread of globalization among cultures.
Uniqueness and charm suffer at the hand of cross-pollination.

You can go almost anywhere in the world today and find icons of Western
culture.  Starbucks in Sri Lanka.  McDonalds in Shanghai.

Likewise, "modern" programming languages are all converging on a common
feature set, like cultural cross-pollination.

I prefer to have a variety of dialects and paradigms to choose from (and
a variety of cultures) over a global sameness.

-Jim