[fpc-pascal] A new fpc desirable feature

Karoly Balogh (Charlie/SGR) charlie at scenergy.dfmk.hu
Tue Jul 17 14:12:54 CEST 2018

Hi,

On Tue, 17 Jul 2018, Giuliano Colla wrote:

> As everybody is suggesting new fpc features, I feel it right to add my
> own proposal, to make the language more useful and user friendly.
>
> I propose the support for the keyword "please".
>
> The syntax is quite simple: "please:", followed by the explanation in
> plain English (or whatever locale is selected) of what you want the
> compiler to do, makes the compiler generate the appropriate code.

Great idea! I also propose that if you do not write "please" often enough,
the compiler would error out, claiming the user being too rude. But if
it's used too often, the source can be rejected for being excessively
polite.

Also maybe it could TRY to a hint an info and warning about this EXCEPT if
the code is bogus anyway, before FINALLY erroring out. :-)

Charlie

(Ps: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/INTERCAL )