[fpc-pascal] Syntax changes suggestions

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 16 15:02:42 CEST 2018

Santiago A. <svaa at ciberpiula.net> schrieb am Mo., 16. Juli 2018, 13:41:

> I have some suggestions of change to freepascal syntax, just to debate
>
> (All are backward compatible)
>
> - Declaring variables inside blocks, and loop variables

-> reduces readability -> no interest

- Autofree pointers

Might come, though not in that way (take your example: what if you pass the
instance to some other code that stores it beyond the life time of the
function)

- Try except finally blocks

This had been proposed some time ago and was declined after quite some
discussion (either here or on fpc-devel).

- Private declarations in implementation

Again this reduces readability and thus no interest.

Regards,
Sven