[fpc-pascal] Is this the correct way to configure fpc for multiple arm-embedded subarchs?

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at hajny.biz
Wed Jul 4 11:57:49 CEST 2018

On Wed, July 4, 2018 10:50, Christo Crause wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 4, 2018 at 9:21 AM, Tomas Hajny <XHajT03 at hajny.biz> wrote:
>> On Wed, July 4, 2018 07:53, Christo wrote:
>> > Any hints on how to compile and use fpcmake so that changes in the ini
>> > file ends up in the generated MakeFile?
>>
>> I assume that you updated fpcmake.ini in /fpcsrc/utils/fpcm/ (or without
>> /fpcsrc if using a checkout of the fpc repository rather than fpcbuild)
>> and rebuilt either all utils, or just fpcmake, right? Could you please
>> check whether fpcmake.inc (in the same directory) got updated during the
>> rebuild (this should reflect your changes to fpcmake.ini)? If I
>> understand
>> it correctly, you copied the resulting updated fpcmake binary into the
>> respective RTL directory and tried to regenerate the Makefile there,
>> correct?
>
> My update procedure is basically what you describe: I manually added the
> changes from r30766 fpcmake.ini to trunk, then call make inside the fpcm
> directory, then execute the newly compiled fpcmake with the Makefile.fpc
> file in the fpcm directory as test.
>
> Tonight I will check if fpcmake.inc got updated.  Thanks for this hint, I
> don't yet know how the different fpcmake pieces fit together.

The .ini file should be translated to .inc using the data2inc utility
(included with FPC as well) and then incorporated into the binary. This
should happen automatically, but let's make sure it was the case for you
as well.

Apart from that, I would make sure that the right (newly compiled) fpcmake
binary was really called rather than some previously existing one - I
believe that building puts the new one in a subdirectory called 'bin'
rather than the main fpcm directory, that's why I asked whether you copied
it there if called using the ./fpcmake path.

Tomas