[fpc-pascal] Register Allocation on x86_64

Martok listbox at martoks-place.de
Sun Jan 7 23:24:49 CET 2018

Am 05.01.2018 um 18:03 schrieb Jonas Maebe:
> regvars have always been disabled for routines that contain assembler
> blocks (on all architectures). Sometimes the compiler temporarily uses
> registers for other purposes over a longer period, which is why marking
> the used registers is still required.
I can see that this is safer if the assembler blocks aren't properly annotated,
but if they are, there shouldn't be any problem?

There seem to be a lot of rather non-obvious limitations around inline assembler
and assembler routines. Are they documented somewhere central?

Martok

Ceterum censeo b32079 esse sanandam.