[fpc-pascal] Generating RTL Units for STM32 Processors

R0b0t1 r030t1 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 03:22:39 CET 2018

On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 2:43 AM, Michael Ring <mail at michael-ring.org> wrote:
> The process is completely automated and is based on converting the header
> files that come in the CMSIS packages of the processors.

Excellent! What about the startup assembly files? I see an equivalent,
it is autogenerated too?

> I will send you the file for that chip via pm, you will also have to tweak
> compiler/systems/t_embed.pas compiler/arm/cpuinfo.pas but this is pretty
> straightforward, only extend both structs for the processors.

Yes, I forgot about this, but it does sound easy. Which chip?

> There is a second class of Headerfiles that were done half automated (afaik)
> by Jeppe Johansen that covers the STM32F7 series. Those Headers more closely
> match the STM32 code C-code examples but are a lot less portable to other
> chips (Microchip etc...)

Where are these?

I have some interest in exploring a wide variety of platforms with
FPC. When doing so using C, I have unfortunately found that
portability only half-exists between chips of the same family from the
same manufacturer.

My interest in FPC is partly an interest in increased portability, but
that may need to be achieved in some other way than a HAL. This may be
due to how peripheral mappings are supplied. Perhaps there is a better
way I do not know about. Large projects such as
https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware manage.

I will be following up with you off list, since you do not seem to mind.

Cheers,
     R0b0t1