[fpc-pascal] fcl-web - html web modules

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Fri Feb 23 23:36:29 CET 2018

On Fri, 23 Feb 2018, African Wild Dog wrote:

> Hello,
>
> How to use action and sessions with HTML Web Modules?

What is not clear ?
There are several samples available that show their use ?

Also the WIKI has some pages about it
http://wiki.freepascal.org/fcl-web

There are some articles
https://idefix.freepascal.org/~michael/articles/

see the web1 and web2 and webserver articles.

I think Web2 explains what you need.

> It seems fcl-web is an incomplete work. How can i help? Is there any list
> of incomplete implementations/to-do works?

Basic FCL-Web is very complete and in production use in many applications.

The only "incomplete" domain is pageproducer and friends (all things
'Producer'). This was an early attempt at mimicking early Delphi web
classes, an approach which I have since abandoned.

But the JSON-RPC or Ext.Direct JSON RPC mechanism and data exhange mechanism
and related things work very well in production since 7+ years.

If you have specific questions not answered in the above info, ask and I
will do my best to answer.

Michael.