[fpc-pascal] Operator overload resolution with arrays

Martok listbox at martoks-place.de
Mon Feb 5 15:31:00 CET 2018

Am 05.02.2018 um 15:26 schrieb Martok:
> Ah sorry, hadn't seen your message before my last.
>
>> While specializing the compiler only uses operator overloads (and helpers) that
>> have been in scope during the declaration of the generic or those that are part
>> of the types that are used for the specialization. This is definitely consistent.
> Unintuitive, but consistent, okay.

I only just noticed (and I read that page before writing the first message
here...): the documentation says this is indeed not intentional?

<https://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/ref/refse57.html>
""" Currently, due to an implementation restriction, it will not work using a
global operator, i.e. the following does not work yet:
Support for this construct is expected in a future version of Free Pascal."""