[fpc-pascal] Is there a smart way to save/restore NotifyEvents and objects?

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 3 09:16:10 CET 2018

Am 03.02.2018 09:11 schrieb "Michael Van Canneyt" <michael at freepascal.org>:

On Sat, 3 Feb 2018, Dennis Poon wrote:

>> If your objects inherit from TComponent and you use published properties
>> you can use the streaming screen of the RTL.
>>
>> I am curious how TComponent save and restore TnotifyEvent fields. Can you
> explain a little bit?

Roughly:

If you put a method in the published section of an object, its name is
written to RTTI. It can be retrieved and set using the RTTi based on the
name: when saving, the name is written to stream, when loading, the name is
looked up in RTTI.

The classes TReader and TWriter in the classes unit perform this work.

Of course this only works for methods that are published.

Also, what is 'streaming screen' of RTL? How to use it?

He meant the streaming system, I suppose. TComponent, TReader and TWriter
together form the streaming system.

Correct. Stupid autocorrection -.-

Regards,
Sven