[fpc-pascal] Is there a smart way to save/restore NotifyEvents and objects?

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 2 19:47:31 CET 2018

Am 02.02.2018 17:53 schrieb "Dennis" <dec12 at avidsoft.com.hk>:

I have list of objects which contains references to other objects.
I need to save all these objects to harddisk to be restored on a latter day.

I know how to stream the data fields of these objects to a TFileStream but
the tricky part is these how to restore the object references.

The only way I can think of is to assign unique IDs to each objects and
store these IDs to file.
When these objects are later restored, I used these IDs find the actual
objects and re-assign them back to the object references.

It is tedious. Is there a smarter way?

Also, there are some TNotifyEvent fields  e.g. OnClick, OnClose etc.  How
do I save and restore them from file?

Many thanks in advance.

If your objects inherit from TComponent and you use published properties
you can use the streaming screen of the RTL.

Regards,
Sven