[fpc-pascal] Multiple active class helpers at same time

Maciej Izak hnb.code at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 14:43:14 CEST 2018

> How will this be activated?
> A modeswitch?
> Will it be default enabled in mode objfpc and disabled in mode delphi?

There was discussion about this while ago... and there was a lot of
problems.

IMO the best option to solve all problems, is expansion in "aspects"
functionality. I have some experiments with modified helpers for types (as
aspects for classes), and what I can say now :

full potential of class/record/type helpers is not used :), and by bad
choice can be loses for ever. IMO The best direction for type helpers
(which can solve all problems) is usage "with" for example:

var
  x: TObjectA with THelper1, THelper2;

AFAIK should be possible to create new sub kind of helpers : aspects with
new syntax and functionalities. IIRC Sven did not want to use "with" just
for "type helpers" because it is reserved for more amazing feature like
"aspects", but when type helper has the same root as aspect (aspect as sub
kind of helper) then "with" can be used for both : "type helpers" and "type
aspects"

--
Best regards,
Maciej Izak