[fpc-pascal] The unfortunate deprecation of GetTickCount

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Wed Apr 11 16:07:02 CEST 2018

El 11/04/18 a les 15:40, Paulo Costa ha escrit:
> Unfortunate is the obscure wording you find on the documentation:
>
> https://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/rtl/sysutils/gettickcount.html

Yes, you're right, but that's another issue.
When the documentation is vague and I need details I look at the
implementation for the platforms I'm interested in. That's how I
discovered that the GetTickCount64 emulation under Windows before
version 6 should *not* be used (or used by limiting it to DWORD values,
but then it's better to just use GetTickCount).

Bye
--
Luca