[fpc-pascal] Resource compilation

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 24 23:55:50 CEST 2017

On 24.09.2017 22:55, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 2017-09-24 19:02, Sven Barth via fpc-pascal wrote:
>>> system if you want to use it as a linker, fpc does not provide it.
>> Exactly.
>
> Exactly my point! Why? Why does the official FPC installer for Windows
> give a more workable solution out of the box (1), but official
> installers for other platforms don't?

Because on non-Windows systems (especially the *nix ones) we rely on
their package distributions systems and it's up to the package
maintainers to set up the packages accordingly for their distribution so
that they pull in the required packages. Such a system does not exist on
Windows however so we bundle everything there.

Regards,
Sven