[fpc-pascal] Inclocked/declocked

Ryan Joseph ryan at thealchemistguild.com
Mon Sep 11 11:46:47 CEST 2017

> On Sep 11, 2017, at 4:20 PM, Sven Barth via fpc-pascal <fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:
>
> They're used for the reference counter of the array (or string or interface). The reference counter changes each time you assign an array or pass it to a by-value parameter or if you change a value (cause the compiler/RTL needs to make sure that the reference to the array is unique then).

Maybe this is relevant to my poor performance then but perhaps it’s just the way the time profiler works? It’s telling me the program is spending  16% in system_delocked which seems extreme.

See if I have a dynamic array and call arr[0] := xxx then those functions will be called (or FPC_DYNARRAY_ASSIGN)? I also have a dynamic array in an object which is passed a function parameter, but not by value so that doesn’t fit your description.

Regards,
	Ryan Joseph