[fpc-pascal] Using Serial in a TCP/RS232 gateway, how to set buffer sizes?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 22:52:12 CEST 2017

On Wed, 06 Sep 2017 22:27:49 +0200, Marc Santhoff
<M.Santhoff at web.de> wrote:

>On Mi, 2017-09-06 at 21:22 +0200, Bo Berglund wrote:
>> Where could I be losing incoming serial data?
>
>Only for completeness:
>
>Can you rule out problems reagrding the hardware side? Mabe there are
>some weak line drivers or a faulty cable involved?
>
>Worth checking, at least.

Well,
I am using a 4-way USB to Serial unit and the cable (nullmodem)
connects two adjacent ports and is about 50 mm long...
This cable has never failed ever before.

I have now added extra binary logging to the relaying program only to
find that the data received and processed are missing about 50 k of
the 1M transmission.
Next I will edit serial.pp and up the buffers from 2K to 60K or so.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden