[fpc-pascal] CRT unit and Windows' terminal

pascalX at piments.com pascalX at piments.com
Mon Oct 16 14:24:30 CEST 2017

On 16/10/17 13:03, James Richters wrote:
>  >Long story short: CRT unit doesn't work at all on Windows, but it
> works with unicode on Mac/Linux.
>
> I’m curious how the CRT unit handles the Extended ASCII codes on Mac and
> Linux…  All versions should be the same for cross platform compatibility.
>
> I also noticed that email broke my links with spaces in them, so I made
> an index link with all the links and a zip file with all test programs
> and screen shots.
>
> Index File
>
> http://www.productionautomation.net/FPC/ASCII/index.htm
>
> Zip file
>
> http://www.productionautomation.net/FPC/ASCII/BoxCharacters.zip
>
> James.

A URL can have a space in it but must be encoded  "percent two zero" ,
if you copy what is displayed in the address bar you probably get a
space char not the encode version.

Short answer is don't use spaces is file names ;)

That will avoid having to put quotes around everything or relying on GUI
software which silently  does this for you or encodes them or whatever.

Since spaces are the primary delimiter on computer input, it makes sense
to avoid using them in something you do not want delimiting.

For CRT,  it would be nice if this could be made to work consistently
across platforms.