[fpc-pascal] CRT unit and Windows' terminal

Mr Bee pak.lebah at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 13 02:55:55 CEST 2017

Hi,

I want to create console app that's using box drawing characters from
unicode. Before CRT unit is used, it's all fine and my program could draw
table beautifully. But once I put CRT unit, those characters became
garbages. But strangely, it's only happen on Windows' terminal (win10). I
tried the same exact program in Mac and Linux, using each CRT unit, and
they all run fine. I need CRT unit to make my console program more
interactive (i.e. cursor positioning, keyboard handling, text coloring,
etc).

So, what's wrong with CRT unit on Windows? Can anybody explain the strange
behaviour and how to solve the problem?

Thank you.

–Mr Bee