[fpc-pascal] AbstractError in 3.1.1

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 12 14:22:45 CEST 2017

Am 12.10.2017 13:59 schrieb "Ryan Joseph" <ryan at thealchemistguild.com>:

> > On Oct 12, 2017, at 5:35 PM, Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org>
wrote:

> > Normally not :)
> >
> > What Sven wanted to ascertain was why you get this error, which is
totally abnormal.

> Ok did some tests and here’s an example of how to reproduce it. It’s the
name “system” which is doing it and if I remove that name the error goes
away.

> type
>         TAbstractClass = class
>                 function GetLocation (system: TObject): TPoint; virtual;
abstract;
>         end;

Wow, okay, that's a nasty one O.o Considering that the "AbstractError" is
in the System unit it's safe to assume that the compiler is getting
confused there.
Would you please open a bug report with this as a full example?

But I'm glad that you found the issue...

Regards,
Sven