[fpc-pascal] getting cross with the cross compiler

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at hajny.biz
Sun Oct 8 11:12:43 CEST 2017

On Sat, October 7, 2017 22:13, pascalX at piments.com wrote:

Hi,

 .
> Can you offer any insights into what is going on with Lazarus not
> locating the system unit and friends.  As you acknowledge they are
> treated somewhat differently due to problems with the underlying
> platforms.
>
> I am wondering whether this enforced inconsistency with the generally
> well organised structure could be leading to the problem.
>
> It seems odd that fpc is finding them OK and Lazarus not.
>
> It seems that fedora are doing something a little different in terms of
> installation dirs, presumably a result of their way of providing
> multilib 32/64 functionality where they install 64b libs in /usr/lib64
> rather than /usr/lib.
>
> I am wondering whether this has highlighted some assumption implicit in
> the code about different version of libs being in the same place.
>
> Do you have any ideas why the fpc can find the system.ppu etc and not
> Lazarus?

Have you looked at FPC FAQ (in particular,
https://www.freepascal.org/faq.var#systemnotfound), or FPC documentation
(https://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/user/usersu7.html#x21-280003.1.2)?

FPC Wiki is an additional resource, there is some information related to
Lazarus as well - see
http://wiki.freepascal.org/Unit_not_found_-_How_to_find_units.

All of this might help you in finding differences; note that installation
packages created for specific Linux distributions may decide to modify the
default unit locations.

Hope this helps

Tomas