[fpc-pascal] FPC attributes / annotations support

Thu Nov 30 20:35:07 CET 2017

On 2017-11-29 23:37, Marcos Douglas B. Santos wrote:
> I believe that the real problem is to find Object Pascal programmers
> comparing with other languages.

True, there is less, but we (our company) still manages to find and
employ those with suitable Object Pascal skills. We have around 50
developers in our office, and then some in LA (USA) and some in Poland.

> "No one are using Object Pascal nowadays".

It seems there is still pretty good interest in Object Pascal in Brazil.
We have a 21 year old that just got hired, and he studied Object Pascal
in Brazil. I found such a "young age Object Pascal developer" rather
surprising, because everybody else I've met that does Delphi/Object
Pascal coding has been much older. The 90's generation that grew up. :)

> I hear something like this two times per month.  :\

We have a recruitment agent that sends any Object Pascal developer he
finds to us - if we are actively looking or not. If they are skilled, we
find a role for them - and that keeps our dev teams topped up.

> If we have a better marketing, maybe more programmers could have more
> interest to use the language.

Yeah, if the FPC Foundation could help with marketing the language and
FPC (and Lazarus), that would be a great step in the right direction.

Regards,
   Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/