[fpc-pascal] fpcup / fpcupdeluxe

kardan kardan at riseup.net
Thu Nov 30 17:44:40 CET 2017

Hi Paul,

On Thu, 30 Nov 2017 10:37:25 -0500
Paul Breneman <Paul2006 at BrenemanLabs.com> wrote:

> Will fpcupdeluxe work on console, or is a GUI required?

fpcupdelux fails without DISPLAY.

> See fpcup usage here:
> http://wiki.freepascal.org/Small_Virtual_Machines#Debian_console_virtual_machine

This page is interesting, will try levinux with vagrant mutate

1) My current issue is that both (fpcup and fpcupdeluxe) seem unable to
use my existing fpc trunk checked out with `git svn clone
https://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/trunk`. As my connection is quite
slow it interrupted multiple times and I had to `git svn fetch` to
continue. I can't download it again this way and do not trust such
automated tools to be clever enough to deal with it. It would be great
if it would check for a .git directory and use git-svn automatically.

> use git-svn with existing trunk folder
> https://github.com/newpascal/fpcupdeluxe/issues/57

2. However I'd like to use their power to create the cross-tools needed
to release our project. At the end the cross installer will run on OSX
i386 in a travis environment and automatically deploy binaries. Therefor
not the whole history is needed. Which configuration options should I
use in this case?

Kardan

~/src/fpc/.git/config
[core]