[fpc-pascal] FPC attributes / annotations support

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Wed Nov 29 09:39:41 CET 2017

On Wed, 29 Nov 2017, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> On 2017-11-27 21:39, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>> Lazarus now supports attributes.
>
> Awesome, thanks for the update.
>
> [dreaming]
> Now only if Lazarus could support the Delphi dcc32 compiler. ;-) Boy oh
> boy... I've been using Delphi XE3 for a month now (new job) - it is
> SH*T. Constant IDE crashes, online help doesn't work, the bug reporting
> dialog that pops up after a IDE crash doesn't work (the irony), code
> syntax check is broken, can't customise the shortcuts etc. I so miss
> Lazarus and FPC!
> [/dreaming]

You can. In the project options, set the Pre-compiler command to DCC32.
Uncheck the compile step.

This is how we compile web projects currently.

You'll be able to compile, but the IDE will not be able to jump to the error
location in case of an error. That would require parsing the compiler error
messages.

Michael.