[fpc-pascal] FORTRAN from FreePascal

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 02:50:57 CET 2017

On Sun, 12 Nov 2017 08:56:49 -0500, brian
<brian at meadows.pairsite.com> wrote:

>Anyone with any past experience here? It seems I have two choices, to
>try to call the FORTRAN subroutines from FreePascal or to port the
>FORTRAN code to Pascal, I'm looking for advice...

I have a similar problem, a Delphi7 GUI program, which makes
tomographic inversions and presents the data in graphic form to the
user.
It was created back in 2002 and the developer put the advanced math
into 4 different DLL:s which were programmed in FORTRAN. The compiler
from Intel was plugged into MS Visual Studio 6 to create the Windows
DLL:s, which were subsequently called from within the main Delphi 7
code.
Later the developer quit and we were stuck with the DLL:s.
Noone here has touched FORTRAN ever, but we do have the FORTRAN
sources in CVS.
I would very much want to convert them into DLL:s programmed in Pascal
instead so they can be maintained for new Windows versions (and use 64
bit for example).

Any ideas on how to do this?

--
Bo Berglund