[fpc-pascal] Database apps on Debian etc.

Sun Nov 12 10:23:48 CET 2017

On 2017-11-11 18:41, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> the FPC/Lazarus controls do a good job of presenting a common API
> irrespective of what backend server is being used, would it be feasible
> to have a "reconnect monitor" or similar to help recover from this sort
> of thing?

You should always program your software with the assumption that a
network connection could fail at any point. The ability to try and
re-establish the connection should be a standard feature in your
applications.  Programming database apps with tiOPF makes that pretty
easy. Saying that, using Delphi/Lazarus RAD style development with
DB-controls should also be able to allow that - I think.

Regards,
   Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/