[fpc-pascal] FPC install on windows with limited rights

Thu Nov 2 20:54:43 CET 2017

On 2017-11-02 07:17, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> The installer is made with inno setup. There are several inno extract tools
> available, e.g.:
> http://constexpr.org/innoextract/

Thank you Michael, that worked perfectly. Strange that the inno setup
executable (the FPC installer) doesn't have a parameter to do that
itself. I have seen installers in the past that allows for that, but I
don't know what program they used to generate that installer.

> You can use that to extract the files to any location you want.
> A fast USB3 for a portable installation seems like a good idea.

Yes, that was my plan as well. With FPC and Lazarus it is pretty easy to
run everything stand-alone from a USB stick.

Regards,
   Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/