[fpc-pascal] GLM library alternative?

Ingemar Ragnemalm ingemar at ragnemalm.se
Tue May 30 15:52:29 CEST 2017

Den 2017-05-30 kl. 12:00, skrev Marco van de Voort:
> For the 2Ders, in old GL I used glortho2d a lot. In newer ones I missed that, but I found
> an equivalent on stackoverflow:

My FPC vector unit has overloading and many other functions
(determinant, rotation around arbitrary axis...). Some functions like
lookAt, frustum, ortho, matrix inverse etc are only in my C version so
far. Not hard to port.

mat4 ortho(GLfloat left, GLfloat right, GLfloat bottom, GLfloat top,
GLfloat near, GLfloat far)
{
         float a = 2.0f / (right - left);
         float b = 2.0f / (top - bottom);
         float c = -2.0f / (far - near);

         float tx = - (right + left)/(right - left);
         float ty = - (top + bottom)/(top - bottom);
         float tz = - (far + near)/(far - near);

         mat4 o = SetMat4(
             a, 0, 0, tx,
             0, b, 0, ty,
             0, 0, c, tz,
             0, 0, 0, 1);
         return o;
}

So I have a pile of code on the topic, much of it for FPC. But shouldn't
there really be a good OpenGL support package for FPC that was some kind
of "standard"?

BTW, when I ported my OpenGL demos to FPC, I found that the FPC glext.pp
had some fatal bugs. (Easy to fix, but I never figured out who would
want the corrections, so I hope someone else noted that it crashed for
modern OpenGL.)

/Ingemar