[fpc-pascal] GLM library alternative?

Benjamin Rosseaux benjamin at rosseaux.com
Sun May 28 14:26:25 CEST 2017

On GitHub I've already some SupraEngine subprojects, for example:

   - https://github.com/BeRo1985/pasmp My
   parallel-processing/multi-processing library for Object Pascal
   - https://github.com/BeRo1985/kraft My newer 3D physics Engine for
   Object Pascal
   - https://github.com/BeRo1985/pasvulkan Vulkan header generator and
   Vulkan OOP-style API wrapper for Object Pascal (it had also news articles
   on
   http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=PasVulkan-Vulkan--Pascal-Bind
   and https://www.khronos.org/news/tags/tag/Pascal  )
   - https://github.com/BeRo1985/pasdblstrutils Pascal library for
   cross-compiler consistent and exact conversion between double-precision
   floating point number values and strings
   - https://github.com/BeRo1985/pasenet Pascal port of ENet with IPv6
   support
   - etc.

But the SupraEngine main core project itself is still closed source (as
long as it is not yet ready), except these already excerpt-uploaded (for
users of this mailing list) zlib-licensed Math units, because SupraEngine
will have a UE4-style licensing model, say, when it will be released, it
will be free and quasi-open-source for free projects (it does not matter
whether it are open source or closed source projects), but it will be
revenue-share-based for non-free paid projects. A lawyer (a corresponding
lawyer I have already in the selection) will formulate the appropriate
license text for it, but this will be the last task, just before the
release.

But because the engine market is already largely saturated, it will be
primarly for projects (at least for the first time), for example,
Supraleiter (here some prototype videos with the old OpenGL-based engine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWanRYNNTUA&list=PLoqdQblnX8vS11pAzGXOak3nsC4UoaC4-&index=4
and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR8OJoHWuGs&index=3&list=PLoqdQblnX8vS11pAzGXOak3nsC4UoaC4-
and https://youtu.be/_SVL0_Z3WL8 and https://youtu.be/-mi2wOnks_A   ), a
StarTrek Voyager first-person-shooter (here some prototype videos, which
had made my graphic-artist-contact testwise with UE4:
http://www.indiedb.com/games/voyager-game-project/videos/scorpion#imagebox
and
http://www.indiedb.com/games/voyager-game-project/videos/deltaflyer-12-10-2016#imagebox
and
http://www.indiedb.com/games/voyager-game-project/videos/bridge-preview-9#imagebox
 ),
etc.

And I've testwise partly-reverse.engineered and partly-reimplemented the
first two Original WipeOut titles (in ObjectPascal of course):
https://youtu.be/MI_jtU2kiQk  and https://youtu.be/zKpAWaByyyc for to test
my newer physics engine in a real test game, as preparation for usage in my
Supraleiter game project with the then new Vulkan-based SupraEngine.