[fpc-pascal] GLM library alternative?

Ryan Joseph ryan at thealchemistguild.com
Sat May 27 11:26:25 CEST 2017

> On May 27, 2017, at 4:20 PM, leledumbo via fpc-pascal <fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:
>
> I don't usually do the matrix calculation myself, I delegate that by calling
> OpenGL functions in proper order. However, just a few days ago I found this:
> https://paginas.fe.up.pt/~paco/pmwiki/index.php?n=DynMatrix.DynMatrix
>
> which does seem to have enough matrix operations for most use cases.

There are no such functions as part of the OpenGL API. I’m talking about functions that return a 4x4 rotation matrix or a perspective matrix, lookAt matrix etc… Everyone uses glm because it uses similar syntax as the shader language GLSL but you need to know how to construct these yourself otherwise.

Regards,
	Ryan Joseph